Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Our town changed forever

Today our community was rocked to its core and forever changed! This morning a 13yr old boy took 2 guns to school.....he waited till class start at West Middle School ask to be excused, came back in class and started shooting! THank god the teacher was able to stop him but not before being shot 3x and another young lady shot 7x! Today was such a surreal day! Our babies were not in that school Thank heavens but it shook us to the core....the feelings were awful! I can't imagine what the parents and those kids went through today! My heart goes out to them.....Our community sense of safety is gone...so many feeling from sadness to angry! Kaylee goes to this school in just a couple months...she's a bit nervous but thankfully not scared! She said "you said this would never happen here" My heart sank because I truly felt strong it never would....We told her as parents you always hold on to the thought this kind of tragedy never would and that she will always be safe! As I rushed to the school to pick them up after receiving the calls,emails and text of SHOTS FIRED....I cried because this was far far to close to my babies...I'd never felt that sense of violation...this boy changed our entire school system, our communities feeling of being safe place, brought our small town together in the blink of an eye as well....though this is not how we'd like it to happen! We have just a week of school left and its going to be a hard last week for sooooo many.....I pray for all the kids at West...I pray for emotional and physical healing! I thank our towns hero Mr Seaman for stoping this boy from cause anymore devastation .......I pray for Ella...as of now we are not certain of her injuries or how she is doing!

We are now NOBLESVILLE STRONG and will come out of this STRONG as can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment